Carnes-Miller Gear can either hob or shape spur gears
- Shaped: maximum 20in/500mm diameter with 5in/127mm face
- Hobbed: maximum 16in/400mm diameter
- AGMA 10 on shaped and hobbed spur gears
- AGMA 13 on ground spur gears
- Profile tooth grind up to 15.75in/400mm in diameter
- Geared or pinion shafts can be ground up to 26in/660mm in length
Carnes-Miller Gear’s tooling includes diametral and modular pitches from 3DP to 32DP or .5 MOD to 10 MOD respectively.
Enlarged Pinions and Reduced Gears
Pinions with a small number of teeth sometimes require an enlarged diameter to avoid undercut in the root of the tooth.
We can accomplish this in several ways, including using an outside diameter for the next larger number of teeth. Often the standard center distances and pitch diameters can be retained.
Stub Tooth Gears
The Fellows Stub Tooth has an addendum and dedendum shorter than the conventional full-depth tooth.
Diametral Pitch is expressed as a fraction such as 10/12.
- The numerator is used to determine the pitch diameter and tooth thickness
- The denominator determines the addendum, dedendum, depth and clearance of the tooth
Internal Spur Gears
Internal spur gears, also known as ring gears, have teeth on the inside of the blank and use the same standards and terminology as an external spur. CMG can shape up to 20in/500mm pitch diameters and 5in/127mm face width.
Cluster gears are a series or cluster of gears on a shaft or gear blank with varying diameters. CMG can shaper or hob cluster gears maintaning specific relationships between the different clusters of teeth. We have full CNC shaping and hobbing capabilities that incorporate timing protocols and stock dividers for proper positioning for the location of teeth.